Friday, August 5, 2011

Patch 4.5

We have some of the most exciting news yet - we are expecting a baby girl in December! Which means our family of 4 (two humans, two cats) has upgraded to 4.5. :) The 20 week ultra sound was amazing and allowed us to actually see little Gloria grabbing her feet. Noah's favorite part was seeing and listening to the heartbeat. Seeing her move around and discovering that she's a girl easily brought me to tears, although I would have been just as moved if it were a boy. Now we get to do the fun part of decorating the nursery and registering for baby stuff. And buying hundreds of diapers....

Noah is taking the summer off from school, mostly because we bought a car in Spring and ended up not having tuition money. He has pretty much been miserable, although he's been great at keeping the house clean and meals ready. Not having a solid routine and schedule to occupy his time is a big struggle and makes him a bit depressed. We were both sad to learn that Fall Quarter doesn't start until September 19th. The fact that this has to continue on for more than a month is a bit daunting.

For me, work has been intense as we're currently still waiting to hire a new Registrar, so our department consists of 2 people. I'm getting better at leaving work thoughts at work though, and relaxing more when I get home. It helps that I'm trying to really limit my stress because of the pregnancy, because I feel like I can give myself permission to not worry so much. The pregnancy is going well this trimester, with only limited sickness, which is much better than my first trimester which was terrible. I also am more than halfway through my first MBA course for Keller Graduate School. To clarify, because of my job, I essentially can go to school for free, which is why I am able to take a class, even though Noah is not.

This was my first week of my new temporary schedule of working Monday thru Friday, so I am excited to have Saturday/Sunday off. We made it to Ethnic Fest last weekend and plan on going to the Proctor Arts Show/Walk tomorrow. We love finding and participating in the local events, especially if they're free!

1 comment:

  1. Ahhhh, I just noticed you posted this a while ago. Seriously its time to post pictures of that beautiful baby girl!

    Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete